The Raptr network has revealed their inaugural “Most Played” Awards, recognising the year’s blockbuster videogame releases. The awards reveal exactly how gamers are spending their time with the biggest releases of 2011 based on gamer behaviour and activities through the Raptr service, including average individual playtime, average session length and total playtime share.
The recipients of Raptr’s “Most Played Awards of 2011” are as follows:
· Most Played Game – *The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim* (Bethesda Softworks)**
· Most Played Shooter – *Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3*(Activision)**
· Most Played RPG – *The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim* (Bethesda Softworks)**
· Most Played Open-World Game – *Batman: Arkham City* (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)**
· Most Played Sports Game – *FIFA Soccer 12 *(EA Sports)**
· Most Played Social Game – *The Sims Social *(EA Play)**
· Most Played New IP – *L.A. Noire* (Rockstar)**
· Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – *DC Universe Online *(Sony Online Entertainment)**
“2011 is turning out to be a boon for gamers, and our awards highlight how gamers are investing the most amount of their precious time playing every day,” said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr. “We want to congratulate all the people involved in creating the hit games that won in their respective categories.”
In addition to the awards, Raptr has revealed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 earned double the amount of playtime in its opening month than Battlefield 3 did in its opening month, while The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim dominated the RPG category with six times more total playtime than the closest competitor, Dragon Age 2. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest from Raptr, and other videogame networks.