The forthcoming South Park: The Stick of Truth was presented as a highlight of Ubisoft’s pre-Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) press conference last week, and following that official confirmation of a winter release the publisher has issued a new question and answer (Q&A) session discussing the videogame. South Park: The Stick of Truth is currently in development for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC, and is promising to deliver the same level of social awareness as it’s television counterpart.
The full Q&A from Ubisoft follows below, verbatim from the publisher, and Electronic Theatre will keep you updated as South Park: The Stick of Truth approaches release.
What is South Park: The Stick of Truth?
From the perilous battlefields of the fourth-grade playground, a young hero will rise, destined to be SouthPark’s savior. From the creators of SouthPark, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes an epic quest to become… cool. Written and voiced by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, The Stick of Truth brings their unique brand of humor to video gaming. Introducing South Park™: The Stick of Truth™.
What genre is it?
- The Stick of Truth is a role-playing game set in the SouthPark universe. All the kids in town are embroiled in a Live-Action Role Playing Game, battling for the Stick of Truth.
What is Trey and Matt’s involvement?
- The Stick of Truth is written and voiced by the creators of SouthPark, Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
How does The Stick of Truth tie into the South Park television show?
- The Stick of Truth is a standalone adventure in the SouthPark universe. With 17 years of SouthPark history, you’ll meet and interact with fan-favorite characters, like Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny, Butters, Mr. Garrison, Mr. Slave, Tweek, Craig, Mr. Hankey, the City Wok Guy and many, many more.
- Explore SouthPark like never before. For the first time ever, the town of South Park has been mapped out for you to explore.
What platforms is it going to be released on? In which languages?
- SouthPark: The Stick of Truth will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Windows PC. The characters in the game are voiced by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, just like the television series. Subtitles will be available in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Which character do you play as?
As the moving vans of prophecy drive away, your adventure begins. You are a new kid in town and your goal, as it is for every new kid, is to make friends and become cool.
How does customization work?
- You’re able to completely customize your look and gameplay. Upgrade your larping gear, loot fallen enemies and you can choose your path by deciding which characters to help and befriend.
- For an example of character customization, check out the Avatar Creator on SouthParkStudios.com: http://www.southparkstudios.com/avatar
Who is developing the game?
- Obisidian Entertainment is developing SouthPark: The Stick of Truth, working directly with Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
What else can you tell me?
- Only that the E3 demo is a small taste of the hilarious world of The Stick of Truth.