Ubisoft has announced its line-up of titles available for hands-on at this year’s Gamescom, taking place in Germany next month. Ubisoft is also holding a press conference on the first day of the show, during which new free-to-play titles will be revealed and details of Ubisoft’s growing position in the online videogames market will be discussed.
Starting 16th August 2012, Gamescom attendees can visit Ubisoft’s booth inside hall 7 to try many of Ubisoft’s upcoming videogames, including:
· Assassin’s Creed III: the next installment in the acclaimed Assassin’s Creed franchise where gamers will play as Connor, fighting for justice during the American Revolution.
· Assassin’s Creed III Liberation: a full Assassin’s Creed experience exclusive to PlayStation Vita, Liberation introduces Aveline, the first female protagonist fighting for freedom in Louisiana during the American Revolution.
· Far Cry 3: the massive action adventure where players fight to survive an island of insanity.
· Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online: the competitive Free-To-Play first-person shooter (FPS) taking place in the Tom Clancy’s universe.
· Shootmania: Storm: a fast paced, pure, FPS made for online competition.
By visiting the Ubisoft booth gamers also can try the following videogames on Nintendo’s Wii U system:
· Rabbids Land: the Wii U exclusive party-game where the wacky Rabbids take control of an amusement park.
· Rayman Legends: the beautiful and unique new social platform videogame featuring Ubisoft’s limbless hero.
· Sports Connection: the Wii U exclusive collection of interactive sports.
· Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013: a connected fitness world that helps to set and achieve players’ goals in an engaging and entertaining way.
· ZombiU: a fear-fueled zombie Survival Horror FPS.
Attendees also can watch an extended demo of Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and see Just Dance 4, The Hip Hop Dance Experience and The Settlers Online in the main stage area of Ubisoft’s booth. In addition, the finals of the Op3n ShootMania GamesCom 2012 tournament will take place in the Electronic Sports League booth during the afternoon of 17th August, and will be broadcast live from the Ubisoft booth’s main stage. Finally, for those also visiting the Cologne Pop Festival, Ubisoft will have a Rocksmith bus available where players can hone their skills on Ubisoft’s authentic guitar game. The Rocksmith bus will be based at Hohenzollernring 25, 50678 Köln.
Gamescom, Europe’s largest trade fair and event for videogames and interactive entertainment, takes place in Cologne, Germany, from 15th-19th August 2012. Electronic Theatre will be in attendance at the event, and shall keep you updated with all the latest details from the show floor.