The UK’s leading videogames specialist retailer GAME is partnering with Namco Bandai and Trion Worlds to host a lock-in campaign for the forthcoming massively multiplayer online (MMO) videogame, Defiance. Taking over five locations in five different cities across five consecutive nights, the Defiance tour gives the gaming community a chance to get hands-on time with this ground-breaking, MMO third person shooter ahead of its release next month.
Gamers will get an early glimpse into what to expect for release, as well as food and refreshments to keep them fuelled through the action. All the lock-in players will receive a beta access key to continue their adventure as ‘Ark Hunters’ during the Defiance online beta from March 21st.
To join the fight – and your local GAME Defiance lock-in – pop in to your local store or send them a tweet. Gamers must be 18 years of age to attend and the full list of locations hosting the lock-in follows below. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on Defiance and other lock-in campaigns from GAME.
* Sunday 17th March Sheffield – Evolution, The Plaza, 8 Fitzwilliam Street, Sheffield S1 4JL
* Monday 18th March Manchester – Walkabout, 13 Quay Street, Manchester, M33 HN
* Tuesday 19th March Birmingham – Walkabout, Langley Bldg, Regency Wharf, 266a-271 Broad St, Bs 2ds
* Wednesday 20th March Peterborough – Solstice Bar, Northminster Rd, Town Centre, Peterborough, PE1 1YN
* Thursday 21st March London – The Assembly House, 292-4 Kentish town Rd, Camde London NW 52TG