Last month Capcom officially announced that the most popular beat-‘em-up videogame franchise in history is returning with Ultra Street Fighter IV, another retail release and digital update coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Clearing up a few rumours about the title, Capcom Europe has issued an official fact sheet for the videogame.
Continuing the tradition of excellence the Street Fighter IV series is known for, five new characters and six new stages have been added for even more fighting mayhem, with rebalanced gameplay and original modes topping off this ultimate offering. Owners of Super Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition will be able to download the title as a €14.99/$14.99 digital upgrade. Users who purchase the retail or full download version of the videogame for €39.99/$39.99 will receive all previous costume downloadable content (DLC) released for the series (a €40/$40 value). The official fact sheet for Ultra Street Fighter IV follows below, verbatim from Capcom, and Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on the videogame as it approaches its 2014 release.
Ultra Street Fighter IV Fact Sheet
Ever since its initial release, the Street Fighter IV series has remained the most popular competitive fighting game franchise on the planet and continues to smash records in terms of tournament attendance and stream viewers. Now, the series evolves to a whole new level with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Continuing the tradition of excellence the series is known for, five new characters and six new stages have been added for even more fighting mayhem, with rebalanced gameplay and original modes topping off this ultimate offering. Further details on the exciting new modes and gameplay features will be announced in the coming months.
Available via retail, full download, or digital upgrade (for SSFIV and SSFIV: AE owners), users who purchase the retail or full download version of Ultra Street Fighter IV will also receive all previous costume DLC released for the series (a $40 value), making this the definitive version of Street Fighter IV to check out!
- New Characters: Five new characters, including Poison, Hugo, Elena, Rolento, and an all-new unannounced character join the fight, complete with their own unique play styles… bringing the current roster count to a massive 44 characters.
- New Stages: Six new battle environments: Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility, have been added for even more visual variety.
- Rebalanced Gameplay: Direct fan feedback was gathered on all of Super Street Fighter IV: AE’s original 39 characters and core system mechanics in order to achieve the most balanced Street Fighter ever.
- New Modes and Features: Yet to be announced brand new modes and features further add to the suite of gameplay options.
- Disc and Digital Delivery: Available as both a downloadable upgrade and full retail product, making it easy for veterans and newcomers to experience the fight of the century.
- Complete DLC Costume Offering (retail or full download ver. only): Consumers who purchase the retail or full download version will also receive all previously released costume DLC for the Street Fighter IV series (a $40 value) for free, making it the most complete offering of the game ever!
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3, PC
# of Players: 1-2
Release Date Early 2014
Pricing: $14.99 Digital Upgrade Version (for SSFIV and SSFIV: AE owners)
$39.99 Full Disc/Full Download Version
Rating RP for “Rating Pending”