Following a successful outing at this month’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Namco Bandai Games Europe has revealed an updated fact sheet for the forthcoming Dark Souls II. The third title in the critically acclaimed series from FromSoftware, Dark Souls II is currently expected to launch in early 2014.
Dark Souls was famed for its deep and punishing combat system, and the team behind Dark Souls II promise this sequel will be no different. The official fact sheet for Dark Souls II follows below, verbatim from Namco Bandai Games Europe, and Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on this highly anticipated title.
Dark Souls II Fact Sheet
Publisher NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe
Platform X360, PS3, PC
Genre Action RPG
Players 1 (offline) / 1-4 (online)
Rating 16+ (Expected)
Developed by From Software, DARK SOULS II is the highly anticipated sequel to the punishing 2011 breakout hit Dark Souls (9.5/10 Gamespot, 9.0/10 IGN). The unique old-school action RPG experience captivated imaginations of gamers worldwide with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward. DARK SOULS II brings the franchise’s renowned difficulty & gripping gameplay innovations to both single and multiplayer experiences.
- Prepare to die . . . Again: dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & fx forward like never before
- A labyrinth of monsters & bosses: immerse yourself into mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of from software
- Sensory assault: a wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias - auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc
- Deeper and darker: more intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style
- Evolved multiplayer: updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative & competitive play
- Go beyond death: dark souls ii features fluid motion-capture animations, upgraded combat system, a vastly expanded suite of characters, deeper customization options, new weapons, armor abilities, and balanced player progression system