For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 – the biggest video game event of the year – to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full XboxLIVE! experience free for an entire week.
From 8th May at 08:01 GMT until Monday 15th May at 07:59 GMT, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on XboxLIVE! Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.
During E3 week, Xbox360 fans will be able to download game demos and trailers from the hottest E3 titles and experience them in high definition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers this week including playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:
- Test Drive: Unlimited (Atari)
- Moto GP ’06 (THQ)
- Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II (EA Los Angeles )
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Ubi Soft)
- Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)
Plus a flood of High-Definition trailers from games that have yet to be announced. More features are to come in the forthcoming weeks, showing very positive signs for the future.
- Call of Duty 2 – New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)
- The release of UNO on XboxLIVE! Arcade
- Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).
- Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox360 and XboxLIVE! Arcade titles
- Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads
- Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes
- A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3
And there’s yet more! As well as bringing E3 right into their homes, football loving Xbox360 owners in Europe can also take advantage of the XboxLIVE! Football Free-For-All, sponsored by Adidas, taking place at the same time. This is a week-long schedule of activities on XboxLIVE! that celebrates all things football in a non-stop, connected world – gamers in European countries should check out www.Xbox.com after 11:00 PM GMT for more details.
Stay tuned to the Electronic Theatre and XboxLIVE! Calendar pages on Xbox.com in the coming weeks for more information on the schedule of events taking place during “E3 Bringing It Home” week.